So today was Dr. appointment #2. I worked last night and Trevor had school this morning and so I had to take Kolten with me. We got there and Dr. Larkin had just left to deliver twins and so the nurse checked me. Kolten and I were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It is always so comforting and exciting to hear. I am so emotional right now, I had to hold back tears. Kolten didn't know what the heck was going on. We haven't explained it to him yet since we don't want him announcing it to everyone. I measured good and the nurse said everything looked great. I go back in 4 weeks for another visit.
I am now a 13 1/2 weeks along. I have gained 2 pounds and am starting to feel better. I still get really nauseated when it has been a while since I have ate and I am still pretty worn out. I am waiting for that burst of energy to come with the 2nd trimester. I am still looking for fun ways to tell the family. I think that I am going to make a shirt for Kolten that announces "Big Brother," and see how long it takes. I am thinking Mothers day is a good day to announce it. By that time I will be almost 17 weeks along. I hope I can make it that far without anyone finding out. I am starting to show and so I have to watch what I am wearing around the family.
Trevor and I are both thinking that it's a girl. I think that neither of us would mind another boy because Kolten has been such a joy, but a girl would be very exciting and I have always wanted a little dancer in the family!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment